Twitter / levidavid

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

late night thoughts

Dreamers dream beautiful things
I started out as a dream born in the mind of God
Before time was named, before there was a mankind to save
Without dreams we lay down to death
Crippled by a fractured soul, where hope no longer bleeds ink in the talk story of our minds eye
Keep dreaming, loving and living, laugh deeply and truly
Let the caress of substance fade away as your heart births a truth more textured than silicone make-believes.
Because we were made to believe…believe in hope even when hope is telling us not to, to believe in the what not’s and what if’s as if…they were absolutes, we create in dreams by dreams and through dreams we are a dream, whether it is for the future hand with ring or the broken soul who needs a word of healing…


Sometimes I close my eyes just so I can remember what it’s like to be blind, I left that world behind for a better portion, distortion sometimes invades my eyes while I dream staring at the sky, making clouds take shapes, then sometimes…I just wait, wait for the thousand silk needles that strike my skin to remind me that im in a case of flesh pressed against space and time trying to keep my heart in line, dreams keep me alive and when I have spent my few seconds of reason dwelling on my past treason, I let the windows fling wide and as light illuminates beauty as the prize, tall grass waving, swollen mists begin raining I believe in the audacity of this living painting. I jump into musical ambition splashing fat bass colors with high hat covers, deep beats that create feats of outlandish redemption, yeah he sings to me in my dreams daring me to believe that he can calm the jealous ocean, he reminds me that the strike of white ivory, harmonized with ebony cries holds power to draw water from hearts of stone, and in moments alone there is a beauty in silence that silences the song of the sirens

I spread my arms wide beneath nighttime skies and let the stars hold me close, close like two hearts beating into one loud pulse of belief, streets carry me deeper into the den of lions homeless vagrants devoured by their jaws, lions of hate, loss, pain and the oh so brutal fate, but I refuse to be subject to the whims of nature, I will take her and make sure that I step side by side with the master. The smell of sour wine born from grapes that were picked to early, earthly and surly rambunctious souls that lose control and wont give nail scarred hands the chance to make them whole, praying with lips pressed tight trying to fight the tide of a losing side. Standing firm in the knowing that he will be showing HIMself like a thousand sunrises, the day the sky gets cracked we all will get back everything that was ever stolen, hope for the bride, hope for all of creation groaning for a revealing, sons of light play lightly with emotions, gravity is pulling us down and sound…is telling us the way to behave, tares in the wheat covering themselves like wolves lusting for blood soaked meat, ill stand still as a lamb and despite the ravaging I smile with delight, knowing death wont be the end

I stood like a wayward orphan on the sands of confusion, deluded into believing that I was nothing more than sand whipped by the winds of chaos, trapped in the invisible arms of another non-sentient pushing, stood like the seated boxer, carved from marble and left in a perpetual state of defeat, but somehow your words came down and like hammers they broke the curse of medusas sight, stone breaking and flying, old world dying, and I was crying out in joy, identity carved into my heart like a seal, my makers mark, a few moments of reprieve to let my lungs crack loose and breeeeaathhe, for the first time in a hundred years, my walls of fear came crashing down like Jericho and that scarlet banner that saved rahabs house reminds me of the scarlet river that saved my soul, stepping out to walk on water, you taught me to run despite never having even walked

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this will forever be one of my favorite blog entries ever. you're so talented, levi.